Sweating is a natural process we can’t control, and it often makes us feel self-conscious. Although we can’t stop ourselves from sweating, we can try to keep it to a minimum and find ways to stay cool and dry. It’s important to stay hydrated and cool when it’s hot outside, but that isn’t always enough. Sometimes we sweat a lot, whether from the hot weather or because we’re nervous. But worry not – here are some tips you can follow to find the best sweat proof shirt for you, that will keep you feeling confident no matter what!
The Importance of Sweat Proof Shirts
Sweating is an important bodily function that helps regulate your body’s internal temperature. However, some people sweat more profusely than others do, which can be very uncomfortable. If you’re one of these people, you may find it hard to relax and enjoy yourself in social situations, as you’re conscious of your sweat stains.
This is where sweat proof shirts come to relieve our stress. While they can’t stop you from sweating, they serve as absorbers, taking in the sweat and helping it evaporate faster. This way, you go through the day feeling cool, dry, and a lot more confident when you’re out. These shirts also prevent sweat stains and odor, two things that are a major cause of anxiety. Now, you can go ahead and enjoy those summer outdoor activities without getting self-conscious.
Sweat proof shirts also offer you the choice of wardrobe that you might not have had before. If you’ve spent years picking shirts that are a dark color so the wet patches won’t show, or steering clear of white in case it stains yellow, a sweat proof shirt will turn your world around!
5 Things to Keep in Mind When Shopping for Sweat Proof Shirts
Now that you've discovered the importance of sweat proof shirts and are interested in getting one for yourself or a loved one, you might wonder how to choose the right sweat proof shirt for you. Here are our favorite tips to look out for when you’re out shopping for a sweat proof shirt to ensure you have the best experience wearing them.
- Size – Choosing the wrong size can lead to a not-so-great experience with sweat proof shirts. A size too small can make you uncomfortable, and a size bigger than you expected might look odd when you wear it out. We’re not saying that fitted clothes are not for you, but instead look out for shirts that fit you just right and allow you to move comfortably and stress-free.
- Value – When deciding which sweat proof shirt to buy, a factor that affects your decision-making is the price of the shirts and whether it matches your budget. Of course, like any other purchase, it’s value rather than price that we should be thinking of: buying a cheap option that you wear just once is a false economy, compared to spending a little more on something you‘ll wear every week! Keep in mind that a sweat proof tee will last longer because the pads in the underarm won’t allow any deodorant or sweat stains to ruin the exterior of your shirt.
- Quality – Just as quality varies between regular clothing materials, sweat proof shirt brands are also made from different materials with different qualities. Pay close attention to the material and stitching, and make sure your purchase will last the distance.
- Technology – Different brands of sweat proof shirts use various technologies. It’s worth taking the time to understand more about how the shirt is sweat proof before making a purchase. That way, you can be sure you’re making an informed decision.
- Design – Do you like the way it looks? Sure, you want the sweat proof aspects of the shirt, but if the design and color make you cringe, it’s not the shirt for you. Choose a shirt that will make you look effortlessly smart and fashionable.
How to Measure the Right Fit
Before you make your order, you need to ensure you’re picking the right size. Different brands use different sizing charts, so make sure you read the small print carefully! For example, Social Citizen sweat proof shirts come with a size chart to choose when ordering, based on your chest measurement in inches or centimeters.
Even if you think you know your size, it’s worth re-measuring just in case. Take your measuring tape, and run it around the widest part of your chest and under your armpit. Once you’ve measured yourself, you can then look through the size chart and pick the one closest to your size.
What to Look for in a Quality Shirt
With the myriad of options out there, it can be hard to know which brand to trust. We’ve put together a short list of things to look for when choosing a sweat proof shirt, to make sure you’re picking an excellent, high-quality product.
- Check the fineness of its seams and stitches, how neat and well-placed they are. If you can see the absorbent pads in the armpits, chances are other people will also see them when you wear it – and that won’t do your confidence any good.
- Does it offer a range of styles and colors? A good quality brand should be able to provide you with clothes for any occasion, not just a single style that you’ll hardly ever wear.
- What do the customers say? A brand with positive customer reviews offers extra reassurance that the shirts they sell really do what they say.
Where to Buy Your Sweat Proof Shirts
Finding the right sweat proof shirt in stores near your home town can be a challenge – as well as another source of anxiety. Fortunately, online shopping is here to your rescue!
If you’re looking for a high-quality, fashionable and comfortable sweat proof shirt that doesn’t look like a sweat proof shirt, one of the best places you can buy is Social Citizen. Whether you’re looking to finally wear a white tee without worrying about the sweat stains, or on the hunt for a bargain with a multicolor set of three, Social Citizen’s got you covered.
How Social Citizen Sweat proof T-Shirts Can Help You
Social Citizen’s sweat proof shirt is the perfect blend between quality, comfort and effectiveness. Their technology works in the form of hidden pads in each underarm of the shirt. Each pad is thin and adjustable, taking away the woes of sweat stains and improving comfortability. The pad is made of three layers:
- A water-resistant layer - This is the closest layer to your skin. It improves comfort by not allowing water to linger in the underarm area and is made of the same fabric as the t-shirt itself to bring a consistent feel.
- An absorbent layer - The middle layer of the pad absorbs any moisture that makes it through the first layer. This process controls the flow of sweat and also helps the moisture evaporate. Bamboo is used in this layer to eliminate bad odors with its antimicrobial properties!
- Waterproof layer - This outermost layer is the one that acts as a final stopping point to ensure no sweat stains make it through to the exterior of the shirt. It has waterproof coating on each side to guarantee a dry surface on the other side.
Even with the presence of the hidden pads, the Social Citizen sweat proof T-shirts are super light, looking and feeling every inch as a regular T-shirt.
The Best Choice
There are so many quality options there that it’s pretty hard to choose. But don’t fret, as you can chat with a Social Citizen representative to help you with your purchase. So hurry up and grab the perfect shirt for you.